1. Login / Register
  2. Cymraeg
Close Icon
  1. Login / Register

Apply for council housing

We now have a Common Allocation Scheme which applies to everyone waiting for Powys County Council social housing.

There is no application form

The first step is to contact one of our First Contact Officers on 01597 827464 or call into your local council office. 

They will have a chat about your circumstances and assess whether you are eligible to go onto our waiting list.

In order to be given priority onto the housing register, you must be in housing need and ready to move. If accepted, your case will be referred to a Housing Management and Options Officer who will register your details and agree with you whether social housing is the right option for you.

All options will be considered to find the solution which is best for you.

Come and see us

You can call in at Newydd's offices at St David's House, New Church Street, Newtown between 9am - 3pm Monday-Tuesday and Thursday-Friday.

If you require money advice, Money Advice Surgeries are also being held every other Wednesday at Newydd's office in Newtown.




Feedback about a page here


Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon Email icon


Print icon