Card Payments Terms and Conditions
All card and payment data is captured and processed using the very latest secure protocols available. Our sites are also secured using recognised Certificate Authority issued certificates. Your card payment details are directly processed by Worldpay Corporate Gateway. By using the Powys County Council Online Payments facility you are confirming these Terms and Conditions.
Standard Terms and Conditions:
These terms and conditions apply to all online card transactions made to Powys County Council. Please read these terms carefully before using the online payment facilities. The Council may change these conditions from time to time without notice. Changes will apply to any subsequent transactions with Powys County Council.
- Using the online payment facilities on our website indicates that you accept these terms. If you do not accept these terms, do not use the online payment facilities. All online payments are subject to these conditions.
- Your payment will normally reach the Council's bank account within three working days. We cannot accept liability for delayed payments.
- We cannot accept liability for payments being recorded on the wrong account if you supply inaccurate information but we will make every effort to reallocate any such payments once we are made aware of them.
- We cannot accept liability if payment is refused or declined by your debit/credit card supplier for any reason.
- If your card supplier declines payment, the Council is under no obligation to bring this to your attention. You should check with your bank/debit/credit card supplier whether payment has been deducted from your account.
- The personal data that you provide during online payment transactions is securely held by the Council or our e-commerce provider under the terms of current data protection legislation. And will only be used for the purpose of recording your payment and for accounting processes. Your data will be treated confidentially and with the utmost care and respect. We shall abide by the principles of processing personal data and ensure that the data is used for no other purposes nor disclosed to third parties except in respect of any data that it is necessary to provide to the Council's e-commerce provider who process this information on the Council's behalf. In limited exceptional circumstances, the Council may be required to disclose data to other third parties e.g. where this is necessary to comply with the law. Our e-commerce provider will retain some personal information so that we can access payment records in the event of queries or incomplete payment information. Any debit/credit card details given by you are not retained in their entirety.
- Refunds, if applicable, will be made to the debit/credit card used for the original transaction. Any refunds will be made in line with the Council's anti-money laundering policy and procedures.