National Trading Standards Estate Agency Team
The National Trading Standards Estate and Letting Agency Team is run by:
- Powys County Council: lead enforcement authority for the purposes of the Estate Agents Act 1979.
- Bristol City Council: lead enforcement authority for the purposes of the Tenant Fees Act 2019.
|View the Estate Agents Public Register here Estate Agents Public Register|
|Pay your Estate Agency Penalty Charge Estate Agency Penalty Charge Payment|
The National Trading Standards Estate Agency Team is responsible for:
- issuing individual banning or warning orders under the Act
- maintaining a public register of such banning or warning orders
- approving and monitoring consumer redress schemes
- providing generic advice and guidance on estate agency matters, in conjunction with Citizen's Advice, the Chartered Trading Standards Institute and other partner agencies
The National Trading Standards Team does not:
- mediate or arbitrate in individual complaints
- award civil redress to aggrieved parties
- generally conduct 'routine' investigations (these are the responsibility of local Trading Standards services)