Pay Council Tax
Your council tax bill will consist of three elements.
- The County Council charge
- Precept set by Dyfed Powys Police and
- Precept set by your local Town or Community Council.
The Precepts charged are shown separately on your Council Tax bill.
Set up or amend an existing direct debit online in 4 easy steps:
- Register / Login to your Powys 'My Account'
- Add details to your Account Profile (name, address, email and Council Tax reference number(s))
- Click on My Account to see a Council Tax summary and click the button to 'View Full Account'.
- Under the payment heading, select Set up/amend Direct Debit
If you are unable to complete the Direct Debit form on line, please use the link below to print off and return by post
Powys County Hall
Spa Road East
Pay by card using our Online Service
You can pay by debit/credit card via our automated 24 hr payment line: 03300 889 578.
Remember to have your Council Tax Account Reference number on hand when making the payment.
At any Post Office
Pay at any Post Office in the UK or by PayPoint or ePay.
Please use the payment barcode on the front of your bill.
Please make cheques payable to Post Office Ltd.
Please make Cheques or Postal Orders payable to Powys County Council.
Write your Council Tax Account Reference on the back of your cheque or postal order.
Send your payment to PO Box 71, Llandrindod Wells, LD1 9AQ.
Please note that from 23rd March the council tax/ business rates & awards service will only be taking calls between the hours of 9am till 1pm. We aim to have a full complement of staff during these hours to help improve call response times.